WP5A - Standardisation and Exploitation
Provide vehicle operators and owners with guidance and training on how to specify realistic counter terrorism performance of a vehicle subject to blast/explosion or firebomb attack. Provide vehicle builders with a guidance in the choice of materials and technologies to meet vehicle blast and fire resilience specifications.
Contribute counter terrorism performance guidance for rail vehicles to the EU Standards and Regulatory environment.
- Improvements to current EU structural integrity and crash worthiness standards
- Guide to rail interiors for firebomb attack mitigation
- Exploitation group
- Implementation and coordination of the Exploitation Group.
- Vehicle security Exploitation Group.
- Vehicle specification dissemination Exploitation group.
- Support of Exploitation group interaction via web site.
- Defining future development needs
WP5B - Dissemination
Disseminate project findings through industrial presentations/conferences. Publish both industry and academic literature to provide a long term archive of the findings from the project.
SecureMetro will use ERRAC as a dissemination partner and will support and inform ERRAC, UITP, UIC and UNIFE working groups on safety and security and in particular ERRAC-ROADMAP in the development of the Safety and Security ROADMAP workshops and consultation lead by ITALCERTIFER
- Technical articles and papers
- Project website
- Development of public website to describe the scope and activity of SecureMetro.
- Creation of private document share area, password protected, with individual password access for staff at each SecureMetro partner organisation.